TV Chosun Writes Apology Letter to the Christian Gospel Mission
100-756 Seoul Choong-gu Taepyung-ro #1 61-21 TV Chosun C-Square Building
Representative Contact: 02 2180 1114
Fax: 02 2180 1299
Seoul, Jung-gu, Taepyeongno 1-ga, 61-21, Chosun Ilbo C-square building, 100-756
Phone: 02 2180 1114
Fax: 20 2180 1299
Document number: Official letter No.227
Recipient: Christian Gospel Mission
Sender: TV Chosun Program Production Headquarter, <Powerful Opponents> Production Team 1
Title: Apology letter from TV Chosun about statement related to Christian Gospel Mission in <Powerful Opponents>
- We pray for the Mission’s continuous revival.
- We offer sincere words of apology for defaming the Mission and affronting the members by reporting an erroneous fact about Chairman Jung Myung Seok of Christian Gospel Mission: “After an allegation of sexual assault, he fled to Taiwan, and was finally arrested eight years later.” in the 35th episode of <Powerful Opponents> that aired at 11pm, Wednesday night on July 2, 2014.
- This mistake that the production staff made resulted from simply quoting an erroneous report from another press without adequate verification of the facts.
- We have deleted the news segment of concern from the 35th episode of <Powerful Opponents>, and have replaced it with the ‘corrected version’ for reruns and the Replay Service on the website.
- Hereafter, to prevent unnecessary dispute and misunderstanding, the <Powerful Opponents> production staff promise not to use the name, JMS, in broadcasts related to Christian Gospel Mission and Chairman Jung Myung Seok without prior consent from the organization.
- Hereafter, the <Powerful Opponents> production staff promise to prevent recurrence, that there will not be similar damage as this in the future, and we also promise to give prior notice for broadcasting anything related to the Mission and Chairman Jung Myung Seok and to broadcast it only after verifying the facts.
- People in charge: <Powerful Opponents> Executive Producers, Hwang Ui Cheol (email@example.com) and Lee Seok Lo (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Chosun Broadcasting Inc.